Cities Game infoVariants & Rules
You can play Cities online
You can play all three levels. Solo or with other players.
So if you have no one around you willing to play, don’t despare! 🙂
What is the maximum score?
Can Cities be played by colour blind people?
Yes, most colour blind people will be able to play Cities. The tiles have distinctive colours: yellow, green, light blue and red/orange. If you are having a problem distinguishing between red and green the illustrations on the tiles will help you.
What buildings are on the tiles?
I have made a PDF with all buildings that you can find on the tiles of Cities.
Reviews and reactions in english
– Very short “review” at Spotlight On Games (you have to scroll down a bit). Quote: “Play tends to be very easy, but decisions remain challenging (..).”
– A pod cast review by Doug Garret at Garret’s games and geekiness. Review Cities starts at 3.20 minutes.
– Very, very short “review” by Valerie Putman at Board Game News. Quote: “I am love, love, loving this (..).” The link opens in PDF, because BoardGameNews.com doesn’t exist anymore.
– A review by Scott Tepper at Board Game Geek. Quote: “So Cities is what I would call a meaty filler: light enough to play quickly, but deep enough that you need to keep thinking throughout the game. To give you an indication of how much I liked it, after BGG.con, (..) I (..) bought a copy (..).”
– Short review by Tom Rosen at Board Game News. Quote: “It’s a fairly engaging and quick game that serves its purpose beautifully.” The link opens in PDF, because BoardGameNews.com doesn’t exist anymore.
– Short article in The Morning News (you have to scroll down a bit). Quote: “Cities takes a little from Carcassonne and a little from Take It Easy; the resulting game is as delightful as either.”
– Scott Preston at Board Game Geek. Quote: “(..) YOU NEED TO OWN THIS GAME.”
– Isaac Bickerstaff at Board Game Geek. Quote: “I can’t imagine a game more endearing, charming, or fun to play as Cities .”
– Heather Walters at Board Game Geek. Quote: “It is amazing how diverse the scoring in the game is, given everyone gets the same tiles in the same order.”
– Tiberiu Doman at Board Game Geek. Quote: “It’s very quick, very visual and can be addictive.”
– SpotlightOnGames at Board Game Geek. Quote: “Play tends to be very easy, but decisions remain challenging (..)”
– Doug Garret at Garret’s games and geekiness. Quote: “Excellent Games (..).”
– Dale Yu at BoardGameNews. Quote: “this is my new favorite game from Essen (..).” Sorry, the link doesn’t exist anymore, because BoardGameNews.com doesn’t exist anymore.
– Cities has reached number 20 in the Hall9000 Games Barometer.
This website also contains reviews and reactions in Dutch, German.